At Mayfair Worktops, we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy statement will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
By making a purchase of goods or services from Mayfair Worktops, or providing your contact details to us in store, visiting www.mayfairworktops.co.uk, registering an account, placing an order or by communicating with Mayfair Worktops online or by telephone you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
When we say 'we', 'our', 'us' or 'mayfair' in this policy we are referring to Mayfair Worktops, which is a trading name of Marble 4 Life Ltd
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679), the data controller is Marble 4 Life. Registered Office: 56-58 Station Road, Cross gates, Leeds, LS15 7JY. Registered number 05005186 (England and Wales).
When you place an order with Mayfair Worktops in store, via our telesales department or on our website, the information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our products and services to you. This is to ensure that we can carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
Your name, address and contact details may be shared with our suppliers and delivery contractors to ensure that we can fulfil our contractual arrangement with you to deliver the products and services you purchase from us.
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract, we are about to enter or have entered with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where we need to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims, including sharing data with legal counsel and other involved parties during court proceedings.
We do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
When you interact with us by telephone, SMS, WhatsApp, text chat, email and using our online forms, the personal information you provide to us (which will usually include your name, address, order details, IP address and any sensitive personal data you may decide to disclose to us which may be relevant to your order) will be processed using software, our internally approved third party software suppliers who we have made sure meets our standards on the processing of data and security, as well as abides by relevant data protection laws when handling personal data on our behalf. These software's allow us to communicate with you, keep a record of our previous conversations, and manage any queries you may have or process any requests. These software's are crucial to allow us to support you both before and after you have placed your order and will only be used to support and improve the customer experience.
Mayfair Worktops holds your personal information for the full period of the worktops guarantee to allow us to commit to the guarantee and send out our service managers if required.
Suppliers who deliver to you directly will be passed your full contact details, that you provide us, to allow them to fulfil this requirement. In some cases, where they are responsible for the worktop guarantee, this information may be stored for the full period of the guarantee to allow them to fulfil this.
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used and that they have given their permission for you to disclose it to us and for you to allow us to use it for the purposes discussed with you e.g. to arrange for the install of the worktops.
If you wish to enter into a finance agreement to purchase worktops, we will facilitate this for you by passing your information to the finance providers with whom we have agreed arrangements in place. The finance providers are third party data controllers and are therefore responsible for any information that you provide to them. Mayfair Worktops enables you to set up a direct relationship with these providers. The third-party finance providers may, for example, ask credit reference agencies about you, keep records to help them decide whether to grant credit and to provide you with finance.
Once the finance company has accepted your application for finance, Mayfair Worktops only keeps records in relation to which finance provider you have entered an arrangement with to finance your purchase with us as well as the loan terms and the value of the finance requested. If an initial provider approached decides not to offer you a finance agreement, we will pass your information to alternative providers who may conduct their own credit searches.
Under the GDPR, we must have a lawful reason for using (or 'processing') your personal information. One of the lawful reasons is 'legitimate interests'. Legitimate Interests means that we can process your personal information if we have a genuine and legitimate reason, and we are not harming any of your rights and interests in doing so.
When you provide your personal details to us, we use your information for our legitimate business interests to ensure we can provide you with the best service possible and help us ensure you only receive relevant information from us.
Before doing this, though, we will also carefully consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights.
Some typical examples of when we might use the approach are for preventing fraud, direct marketing, maintaining the security of our system, data analytics, enhancing, modifying or improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our advertising.
We will process the personal information you have supplied to us to conduct and manage our business to enable us to give you the most appropriate marketing, information, service and products and provide the best and most secure experience. These are what we consider our 'Legitimate Interests'.
Sample Request: If you request a worktops sample from us then we will share your name and contact details with third parties, including our suppliers or couriers who will use this information to provide you with this sample. Mayfair Worktops will also process your personal information you provide when you make this request to undertake analysis to help us better understand this service we provide for our customers.
Direct Marketing: If you have purchased from us, Mayfair Worktops, will only send you marketing communications which relate to relevant promotions and offers that we feel will be of interest to you if you have actively consented to receiving it.
This information will be shared with partners, suppliers, and agencies so they can process your personal information on our behalf. We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you. For example, some of our service providers place advertising for us online, about our products and services. As a result, where you have indicated you are happy to receive marketing from us, you might see online advertising that we have placed on the websites you visit or the interactive services you use.
We will continue to process your information in this way until you advise otherwise. You can opt out of this processing activity at any point using the unsubscribe link on all emails and included within SMS, and by using the contact us function on our website.
We will never sell your details to other companies so that they can market to you.
Add items to your basket/quote: If you add items to your basket but the sale or quote is not completed, we may contact you by email or telephone to ensure that there were no technical issues that meant that you were unable to complete the purchase, and we will allow you to complete your order over the telephone if you wish to do so.
Analytics: We process your personal information, collected as part of your worktops purchases for the purposes of customer analysis, assessment, profiling, and direct marketing, on a personalised or aggregated basis, to help us with our activities and to provide you with the most relevant information as long as this does not harm any of your rights and interests.
- Any telephone calls you receive from or make to Mayfair Worktops may be recorded. This is for quality assurance, employee training, performance evaluation, and safeguarding of information. We may also record your details of the telephone number you use to contact us.
- We record calls based on our legitimate interests in improving our services and protecting our business. We ensure that such interests are balanced with your rights and interests.
- Callers who prefer not to have their call recorded may choose alternative means of communication.
- To always ensure you receive the best customer service from Mayfair Worktops, when you call us, your call may be diverted to a third party who will answer the call on behalf of Mayfair Worktops.
- Processing your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
- During each of your visits to our website, we may automatically collect the following information from you: Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your account login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, the country and telephone area code where your device is located, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our websites (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number you dial to contact our telesales or customer services departments.
This information will be used to administer our websites and telephone services, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes. It allows us to improve our websites and telephone services to ensure that information is provided in the most effective manner for you (and for your device). It allows you to participate in the interactive features of our service if you choose to do so. It will also allow us to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
We may combine the information you give to us with information that we collect or buy from third parties about you. We use this information for the purposes set out above.
The personal information collected in this way is held on file for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements.
You have the right to access information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise your right of access, you must submit a written request.
You also have the right to:
- Require us not to make certain decisions automatically if they significantly affect you.
- Ask us to make any necessary changes to the personal data we hold about you to ensure that it is accurate and up to date.
- Ask us to have your personal data erased and to prevent processing in specific circumstances:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed.
- When the individual withdraws consent.
- When the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- The personal data was unlawfully processed (i.e., otherwise in breach of the GDPR).
- The personal data must be erased to comply with a legal obligation.
We may refuse to comply with a request for erasure when personal data is processed for the following reasons:
- To exercise the right of freedom of expression and information.
- To comply with a legal obligation for the performance of a public interest task or exercise of official authority.
- For public health purposes in the public interest.
- Archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research historical research or statistical purposes; or
- The exercise or defence of legal claims.
This policy is subject to periodic reviews and amendments to maintain legal compliance and relevance.
We always endeavour to provide the best service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure we are able to put things rights as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.
As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards.
In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible. Either call us on 0800 432 0267, or write to us at Mayfair Worktops 56-58 Station Road Crossgates Leeds LS15 7JY, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we aim to respond within 7 days of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised.
Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Ombudsman Services Ltd for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event that we cannot remedy your complaint to your satisfaction you may wish to refer your complaint to them. If you wish to do so please contact Which? Trusted traders in the first instance on 02922 670 040.